Several examples Derek Matthews’ work, all created at West Street Potters, have been selected for the Fircroft Art Exhibition.
He is extremely pleased to have been chosen, not least because it’s a John Maltby piece purchased from a previous Fircroft exhibition that really got him interested in taking up clay again.
Looks well worth a visit!
The Fircroft Art Exhibition 2018
15th – 30th September, daily 11-5 (Fridays 11-8)
Every summer for many years, artist Frank Taylor and his wife Christine have opened their home, a large early Victorian house and garden on Albury Heath in the Surrey Hills, to show the work of more than fifty artists whose work they admire. Many of these artists are well-known in their part of the world, some have national or international reputations, but their work is not often shown in this area of the southeast.
Journalists have previously reported that Fircroft is…
- “A unique art exhibition in a glorious setting.”
- “A show that is always a delight.”
- “An imaginative and often quirky mix of work.”
- “A gem of an exhibition.”
- “Recognised as one of the most important dates in the Surrey arts scene.”